Jason Brenner MD received his medical school education at George Washington University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C. and completed his residency training at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, where he also served as Chief Resident. He then completed his Cornea and Refractive Surgery fellowship here at Boston Eye Group. Prior to his career in ophthalmology, he obtained a B.S. in biology with a minor in medical ethics from Lafayette College, where he was also a full time collegiate athlete (rowing).
Dr. Brenner is board certified in ophthalmology and specializes in cornea, refractive and anterior segment surgery. His surgical interests include LASIK, regular and complex cataract surgery, including the use of the femtosecond laser, sutured intraocular lenses, and anterior segment reconstruction.
As a cornea specialist, Dr. Brenner also performs corneal transplants including less invasive partial thickness procedures such as DALK and DSEK. He has also been performing corneal cross-linking for keratoconus since it was FDA approved.
Dr. Brenner also practices comprehensive ophthalmology including non-surgical glaucoma, dry eye, diabetes and other routine ocular health conditions.
He enjoys teaching residents and fellows, which first began during his year as Chief Resident at Temple. He now routinely works with cornea fellows from Boston Eye Group and Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary. Dr. Brenner has an appointment in ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School as a lecturer, part-time. He is also a staff surgeon at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Areas of Expertise
- Refractive Surgery including LASIK, LASEK and PRK
- Cataract Surgery
- Sutured Intraocular Lenses
- Phakic Intraocular Lenses including the Visian ICL
- Corneal Inlays for Presbyopia
- Corneal Transplants
- Corneal Cross-linking
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Ocular Surface Disease (Dry Eye)
- Laser Floater Removal
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Beth Israel Deaconess
- Beth Israel Deaconess-Needham
- Winchester Hospital
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- New England Ophthalmology Society